Yi Technology, a Chinese company has released some of the innovative gadgets on the floor in competition. The company has made a unique on the development sector. The company now makes next stage of development in VR and 360 degree video with two new cameras. The Yi technology has officially revealed the products at NAB conference in Las Vegas. The products named as Yi Halo and Yi 360 VR. The Yi Halo is for professionals made in with Google partnership. The Yi 360 VR is a consumer spherical camera for VR technology. The Yi Halo is developed with collaboration of Google Jump for innovative VR recording.
Specifications of Yi Halo:
- LCD control panel : 1
- Horizontal view unit : 16
- Upview unit camera : 1
- Protection case : Pelican 1610
- Processor : 18 Ambarella A9SE75 chipset
- Image sensor : 17 SONY IMX377, 1/2.3″, 12 megapixels CMOS image sensor with Exmor R ability.
- Lens : Lens F2.8 aperture / 155° wide-angle lens, 7G, f=2.66±5%mm
- Audio : Omni-directional microphone
- Wi-Fi : Broadcom BCM43340
- LCD Screen : 2.2″, 640*360 resolution touch screen, 330PPI, 250cd/m2 brightness, 30FPS, 160° FOV, 16:9
- Battery : ATL 93Wh high density lithium polymer battery, battery life 100 minutes in video recording
- Power consumption : 24V DC, 50W in video recording
- Video format : H.264 codec, .mp4 format
- Video Storage : H.264 codec, .mp4 format
- Supported Android versions : Android 5.0 and above
The Yi Halo costs $16,999 which capable of shooting stereoscopic video in 8K resolution at 30 frames per second, or 5.8K at 60 frames per second. The Google Jump collaboration makes a sensible way of moving the product on development. The Google Jump is one of the most innovative platform from Google launched in 2015. The Google makes a more appreciation on VR development by taking up the collaboration with Yi Technology. The Yi Halo makes one of the most promising VR camera for the filmmakers to develop a valuable content on the track. Yi technology is the second company to go with the VR camera production.