HP launched a new docking monitor HP EliteDisplay E243d Docking Monitor. The new monitor is designed as to work with USB-C laptop and other devices too. The first preference given is to work with a laptop to have a desktop like an experience. The monitor works with USB-C connectivity through the laptop and the user can have desktop experience with the laptop.
The new docking monitor from HP makes a size of 23.8-inches diagonally with 1920 x 1080 pixels. The classification is modeled as it is primarily designed to use as a docking monitor for laptops via USB-C connectivity.
• Display: 23.8-inch IPS LCD
• Native Resolution: 1920 × 1080
• Maximum Refresh Rate: 60 Hz
• Response Time (Grey-to-Grey): 7 ms
• Brightness: 250 cd/m²
• Contrast: 1000:1
• Viewing Angles: 178°/178° horizontal/vertical
• Pixel Pitch: 0.2744 × 0.2744 mm
• Inputs: 1 × HDMI 1.4, 1 × D-Sub, 1 × USB-C, 3.5-mm headphone jack
• USB: Dual-port USB 3.0 hub
• GbE: RJ-45 connector
• Webcam: 720p with the dual microphone array
• Stand:Swivel: ±45°
• Tilt: -5 to +23°
• Pivot Rotation: 90°
• Height: 150 mm
• Power Consumption•: Standby 0.5 W, Typical 38 W, Maximum 155 W
It also has D-Sub and HDMI inputs which will make the device to behave like a normal monitor to switch with. The user can have an alternate way of connectivity. A pop-up webcam is available on the top of the monitor, it pops up when it is needed and simply push inside when it’s not needed.
The HP EliteDisplay E243d Docking will be available from December 2018 with a price tag of around $330 USD.